The Talent Quest kicked off in 2016 and is now into it's second year! This is singing competition open to any style of music, for any amateur singers who audition and can make it to the heats in Smithton Tasmania.
There are two categories - Under 16 and All Ages. There are cash prizes for the winners and runners-up in both categories.
As this is a singing competition, you can
- sing by yourself
- play an instrument or use a backing track
- have one other person accompany you (they are not judged)
- enter as a duo (both of you are judged), and use instruments or a backing track
- perform a cover or an original song
- perform any style of music that works for you
Initial auditions are by video. Post a video of yourself playing your audition up onto YouTube (you know somebody who can help you with this).
Auditions will close on December 31st 2016.
Our expert panel of judges will choose up to six auditions from each category. This will make up the first heat.
The first heat will be at Twilight on the Duck on Australia Day, January 26th 2017. Each performer will perform one song live on the Twilight on the Duck stage. The judges will score the performers, and two acts will be selected from each category for the final.
The final will be at the Devil Country Muster, February 18th 2017. Each act will perform one song, and a winner will be chosen by the judges in each category.
You can enter the Talent Quest as many times as you like, until you are a successful category winner. At that stage you are an artist, you don't need our Talent Quest!
Previous winners are:
Under 16 - Ebony Tuffnell
Open - Judy Bonney
All Ages Category - First Prize $200 Runner Up $50
Under 16 Category - First Prize $150 Runner Up $50
(All four acts receive a complementary Day Ticket to the Muster)
Welcome aboard! Record your audition and upload it to YouTube. Once you have done that fill in the form below and we will check your eligibility for the competition. If everything is OK, we will be in contact with you and your audition video will appear above. Good luck!
- You will need to have a YouTube account on your phone or computer.
- Use your camera app (or similar) to record the video
- Your app should have a 'share' function. One of the options should be YouTube
- Upload your video.
- When your video is uploaded, check on the settings for the video to make sure it is set to Public
- You may also have an option to Allow Embedding. Make sure this is ticked.
- We will share your video onto the playlist at the top of this page.
If you get stuck, send us a message on the Contact page.
Have a look at last year's auditions below to get an idea of what to do.